Easynet ADSL broadband - good news:
- Our broadband can be installed Australia-wide, wherever
- Flexible monthly payment options include: Direct deposit (cash or bank
transfer), cheques, money orders, or automatic or manual
processing of Bankcard, Visa, MasterCard, or AMEX.
All payment methods are equal - there are no additional processing fees
for any of them! Each month is invoiced monthly in advance.
- If your ADSL service with us has data limits, then we
will notify you directly if you are going over the limit, or
if you went over in the last month, or repeatedly over the
past few months. We will not invoice for the excess
retrospectively, instead if you are repeatedly over limit
then we will discuss your usage patterns so that a more
suitable data limit can be defined. If your internet
connection is bandwidth based rather than data based then no
data limits apply. For either data or bandwidth services we
discuss your future needs whenever you are approaching or
exceeding your negotiated limits.
- Child email accounts are economical subsidiary accounts,
billed to your main account, to provide extra mail boxes,
web storage space, web sites for multiple domains, etc.
- There are no session time-outs. Stay on
as long as you like. Shaped or dedicated link options.
Pricing depends on your specific data and performance
- In the members area of our web site www.easy.com.au you can review all your invoices and
payments, change credit card details, passwords etc, all on
secure encrypted web pages.
- Easynet offers the highest grade of technical support.
Most of our phone staff, personal trainers and staff sent to
sites, are graduate electronic engineers or computer
scientists and are good problem solvers. email
or call us on 02 99990319
- Our @easy.com.au email boxes include commercial grade
mail detection and removal FREE .
This removes over 95% of all junk mail you would otherwise
receive. You should of course add additional spam removal
software and rules in your own computer.
(Virus removal is your responsibility, and is recommended)
- You can associate domains with your account. (Domain
purchase and hosting is low cost - ask for a quote to suit
your specific requirements)
- You can request a static IPs if you are running services
that need them
Additional Information on Domestic ADSL
Broadband, and billing and payments:
- Broadband can only be purchased by the owner of the actual
phone number, so the actual street address as indicated on
your phone statements, must be used in the application
- Who to call with problems
- If having problems with your normal phone service contact
your telephone carrier (be sure to tell them Broadband is
connected, so they don't accidentally disconnect it during
- If your normal phone is OK but broadband is faulty or
intermittent, contact us (Easynet) and we will
investigate. For broadband, if you contact your
telephone company first, without us instructing you to do
so, your telephone company may charge you fees including no
fault found fees. So we recommend yo contact us first.
- Your invoices are in calendar months, in advance. The
first month invoice is reduced to the pro-rata portion of
month remaining, rather than invoicing the full month.
- ADSL is not a portable service, it is linked to a
physical copper phone wire and its associated phone number.
If you move premises your broadband account needs to be
terminated. You then purchase a new broadband service for
the new phone line.
However you can retain your email address and your account
- If your phone carrier disconnects your phone for late
payment, or other reasons, or you cancel your phone service
with your phone carrier, or you keep the same phone number
but change phone providers or move house, then Telstra will usually
physically disconnect the broadband wiring at their exchange
within 5 days. If this happens it is classed as you
terminating your broadband contract as there is no valid
phone number for service to be provided. When you get your
phone line reinstated, the broadband is not
reinstated. To get broadband reconnected broadband
setup fees would apply. Note also that although the service
is closed you will continue to be charged ADSL monthly
fees until you notify us of the termination, and we in turn have
to notify our ADSL wholesaler. (Your phone carrier may
continue to charge you for the phone line while it is off as
well). Therefore if moving house and/or changing phone number
or phone provider, it is best to talk to
us first to discuss ways to minimise charges from all
- If your broadband copper phone line remains the same, but
you are changing the phone number, a request to your carrier to
have the broadband linked to the new number should be made
well in advance, or broadband would terminate (as in the
- When you are making other changes to your phone service
you should let your telephone carrier know that you have
ADSL on the line and that you do not want them to make any
changes that will cause it to stop. If your carrier does do
something that terminates the ADSL there may be a 4 day
window for you to let us know and us to let Telstra know, so
that Telstra does not disconnect the ADSL completely
- Invoicing is monthly in advance by email. Invoices are
also statements. A positive balance means your account is in
credit, a negative balance means you owe money. Receipts are
also sent by email.
- You can specify any email address for us to use for invoices and correspondence.
- Temporary account blocking normally occurs 11-20 days after
invoice, so you have around 5 days to pay plus 5 days for it
to get to us and be applied to your account.
- Our accounts system also accepts advance over-payment. It
then automatically applies appropriate portions of this to each new invoice
until used up.
- Unused data does not carry forward month to month
- If you have set your account payment method for automatic
credit card processing, then other services you take from us
along with excess data will be automatically processed the same way.
Our system will send email statements in advance, and then
email receipts after successful credit card processing. We
will allow at least 10 days after invoice before processing
- If you breach our
acceptable usage policy
your email and possibly your internet connection will be terminated without notice.
- Any variation to the price of yor service, up or down, will be notified
by email in advance. All announcements are emailed to the
same email address we email your statements to.
- Even though our system is reliable and robust we do not
provide guarantee of data backup for any data you decide to keep on our
servers. You must keep your own backups. Also we recommend
that you transfer your
incoming emails from our mail servers to your own computers
- Late payments may incur interest penalties at 2% per
- Bounced cheques and failed credit cards may result in
Easynet invoicing you $20 minimum for contacting you,
manually reprocessing payment, and writing the original
payment back out of our on-line accounts, plus any penalty fees charged
to us by the banking
- Broadband speed achieved is is limited by distance your
phone line run is from your local telephone exchange. If you
are too far out Broadband may not be available at all. In
each exchange there are limited broadband connections. If
none are currently available more are usually added down the
track. Before we process your order we verify broadband is
available. If you are getting a new
phone line put in, specify you require it to work for
broadband at time of order, so that your carrier allocates you one
of the lines in your street that is broadband capable,
rather than one that is not. Too many telephone units and/or
a back to base alarm system on the line can reduce broadband
performance, or even stop it completely
- Domestic Broadband does not have guaranteed throughput,
delay or packet loss end to end.
- Should you wish to terminate your service, you only need
to notify us at least 18 days prior to the end of your last
month of service. Pro-rata closure periods are not possible.